Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

Practicing as a Doctor in Singapore

To be a physician or surgeon is SGH, you must be granted medical registration by the Singapore Medical Council (SMC). Those from recognised medical schools listed in the Schedule must pass the relevant national licensing examinations in the listed country e.g. in the USA medical graduates must pass the USMLE and in Canada, they must pass the MCCQE to be registered to practise in Singapore. 

For any country that imposes such national licensing conditions on its own medical graduates, the corresponding conditions will also be required for registration to practise in Singapore.