1. Prepare one alcohol-fixed slide and one air-dried slide for each pass of aspiration – see Non-Gynaecological smear, fluid and Fine Needle Aspiration (FNA) – General Instruction for details.
2. Aspirate the remaining material into a sterile container.
3. Submit a maximum of 4 slides per lesion.
4. The slides should be labelled ‘wet-fixed’ or ‘air-dried’ as appropriate.
5. If multiple sites or organs are aspirated, indicate exact sites/organs aspirated on the CPOE request as well as on the frosted end of slides.
6. If fluid is aspirated, collect into a sterile container. Indicate the site from which fluid is collected and submit to the laboratory in one CPOE request.
7. Clinical information is required for the pathologist to render a diagnosis. Please indicate in the CPOE request the specific site, clinical diagnosis, whether the lesion is solid or cystic and gross appearance of the aspirate if applicable.
A cytology non-gynaecological CPOE request that is completed and properly filled up - see the CPOE request for details.
90% of cases reported within 2 working days and 100% of cases reported within 7 working days
Subscribe to our mailing list to get the updates to your email inbox...