1. Prepare 2 microscopic glass slides. Label one slide with patient's name and NRIC on the frosted end with a 2B pencil.
2. Place collected eyelashes in between and in the centre of the 2 glass slides.
3. Tape the short ends of the glass slides with scotch tape and ensure eyelashes are secured.
4. Place in an appropriately labelled slide container - see Non-Gynaecological smear, fluid and Fine Needle Aspiration (FNA) - General instruction for details.
5. Store at room temperature if unable to submit specimen to Cytology Laboratory on the same day.
A cytology non-gynaecological CPOE request that is completed and properly filled up - see the CPOE request for details.
90% of cases reported within 2 working days and 100% of cases reported within 7 working days
Subscribe to our mailing list to get the updates to your email inbox...