The ACNP is designed to provide advanced level training to practicing physiotherapists in the management of patients with neurological disorders.
Participants of the ACNP will gain advanced knowledge and skills competencies, together with the ability to critique and analyse the existing body of literature pertaining to neurological physiotherapy.
The course also paves the way for those who wish to further specialize in neurological physiotherapy through formal postgraduate studies at Masters and Doctorate levels.
Phsiotherapists who complete the ACNP course will develop the following competencies:
- Gain advanced knowledge of neuroanatomy, physiology, pathophysiology, pharmacodynamics;
- Possess in‐depth understanding and ability to apply knowledge to treat complex conditions;
- Be competent in various treatment approach techniques, such as the motor learning program, the Bobath Approach or PNF;
- Able to apply clinical reasoning at an advanced level;
- Be skilled in methods of neurological assessment;
- Able to apply evidence‐based practices in the management of patients;
- Able to assess and treat patients using a holistic and comprehensive approach.
In addition, the course provides opportunities for participants to learn from and interact with local and international experts in the field of neurological physiotherapy.
Practicing physiotherapists in the field of neurological physiotherapy and who are interested in furthering their knowledge and skill, and/or looking to specialize in this area.
Physiotherapists who possess a diploma in physiotherapy or above from a recognized institution and with a minimum of 1.5 years of work experience in Physiotherapy (inclusive of 6 months of work experience in the field of Neurological Physiotherapy). However, exceptions may be given by the programme director on a case by case basis.