Patients who are scheduled for admission (elective admission) by their medical specialist from the Specialist Outpatient Clinic are requested to report to the Admissions Office at the appointed date and time for registration.
In the event of emergency, admission to Singapore General Hospital is arranged through the Accident & Emergency Department.
We also have special arrangements for admissions of foreign patients through the Oversea Referral Service
For more information, download our Handbook for Inpatient
Items To Bring For Admission
For admission registration, you should bring along original copies of the following documents:
- Inpatient Admission Authorisation Form
- NRIC or Birth Certificate (if the patient is under 15 years old) or Passport (if the patient is a foreigner)
- Medical Benefit Identification Documents:
- Civil Service Card or Medical Benefit Identification Memorandum for Civil Servants
- For Hospital Identity Card or Letter of Guarantee for Employees of Companies
- CPF Membership card, valid P, Q, R Pass or Employment Pass and letter from employer for Work Permit or Employment Pass Holder
You should bring along toiletries such as toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, hairbrush /comb and a pair of slippers. Class A1 ward patients will receive a toiletries set comprising of a face towel, shower cap, toothbrush kit and comb presented in a pouch.
For your personal comfort, you may also bring your own pyjamas to wear during your stay at the Hospital and a set of clothing to wear on the day of discharge.