Dr. Tan Kian Hian
Senior Consultant & Director, Pain Management Centre
Department of Anaesthesiology
MBBS, FANZCA (Anaes, Aust/NZ) FFPMANZCA (Pain Medicine, Aust/NZ)
Dr. Tan is trained in Anaesthesiology, having obtained his Fellowship from the Australia and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists. He was subsequently awarded a Fellowship in Pain Medicine in Australia and obtained his Fellowship in the Faculty of Pain Medicine. He is currently a Consultant in the Pain Management Centre as well as the Department of Anaesthesia and Surgical Intensive Care in Singapore General Hospital. He is also a Visiting Consultant in Singapore National Eye Centre, National Dental Centre and National Cancer Centre. He is also actively involved in teaching in both YLL School of Medicine, National University of Singapore and Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School.
Dr. Tan has an active interest in acute, chronic persistent and cancer pain management, including interventional procedures. He is also involved in active research in these areas leading to publications in local and overseas medical journals. He is also a reviewer of medical journals. He has been invited to speak in local and international conferences, such as the World Congress in Anaesthesiology, on various topics involving Pain Management. He is also actively involved in organising scientific conferences held in Singapore on Pain Management and Anaesthesiology.
- 2006 Fellow of the Faculty of Pain Medicine Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists (FFPMANZCA)
- 2004 Fellow of the Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists (FANZCA)
- 1996 National University of Singapore: Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) 2006 Fellow of the Faculty of Pain Medicine Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists (FFPMANZCA
PROFESSIONAL APPOINTMENTS & COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIPS
- Council Member, Pain Association of Singapore
- Member, Australian Pain Society
- Member, Singapore Society of Anaesthesiology
PUBLICATIONS AND RESEARCH/TRIALS
- Maternal-Fetal Survival following Amniotic Fluid Embolism: 2 case reports. KH Tan, YY Sim, JW Chiu, CC Loo, SW Yeo. The Internet Journal of Anaesthesiology 2002;5(4)
- Measurement of cardiac output using Physio Flow with different positions of electrode placement. KH Tan, NC Hwang, FO Lai Singapore Med J. 2006;47(11):967-70.
- The effects of intravenous lidocaine on pain during injection of medium- and long-chain triglyceride propofol emulsions. WS Yew, SY Chong, KH Tan and MH Goh. Anesth Analg 2005;100(6):1693-5
- Botulinum toxin A for myofascial trigger point injection: A qualitative systematic review. KY Ho, KH Tan European Journal of Pain 2006;11(5):519-527.
- Cervical epidural blood patch using an in-dwelling epidural catheter in intracranial hypotension caused by cervical cerebrospinal fluid leak. KH Tan, Rounsefell B. Acute Pain 2007;9(3):159-162.
- Efficacy of fentanyl iontophoretic transdermal system in postoperative pain – A meta-analysis KH Poon, KH Tan, KY Ho Acute Pain Journal 2009;11(2):65-74
- Intrathecal Analgesia in Patients with Cancer Pain – An Audit in a Tertiary Institution. Koravee Pasutharnchat, Kian-Hian Tan, Mohamad Abdul Hadi, Kok-Yuen Ho Ann Acad Med Singapore 2009;38:943-6.