Dr. Tan York Kiat
Department of Rheumatology and Immunology
MBBS, MMed (Int Med), MRCP (UK)
Dr Tan York Kiat graduated from National University of Singapore and was conferred the degree of Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery in April 2003. His postgraduate qualifications include Membership of the Royal Colleges of Physician (UK) and Master of Medicine (Internal Medicine, Singapore) which were conferred in July and October 2006 respectively. He obtained Specialist Accreditation for Rheumatology in Nov 2010.
His areas of interest in Rheumatology include musculoskeletal imaging andinflammatory arthritis.
PROFESSIONAL APPOINTMENTS & COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIPS
Dr Tan York Kiat is currently a Consultant Rheumatologist working in the Department of Rheumatology and Immunology, SGH. He is currently an executive committee member of the Singapore Society of Rheumatology.He is also actively involved in research and teaching of medical students (both undergraduate and postgraduate) at SGH. He has been appointed Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, Clinical Tutor.
- National University of Singapore Deans list (MBBS)- years 1999 till 2002
- Service Quality Award - Service with a Heart Award, 2009.
- Excellent Service Award Silver (2009)
PUBLICATIONS AND RESEARCH/TRIALS
- Tan YK, Wee TC, Koh WP, Wang YT, Eng P, Tan WC, A. Survival among Chinese woman with lung cancer in Singapore: A comparison by stage, histology and smoking. Lung Cancer. 2003 Jun;40(3):237-46
- Tan YK, Letchumanan P, Thumboo J. Rituximab for Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus: A Report of 3 Cases and a Review of the Literature. Ann Rheum Dis 2009;68(Suppl3):743
- Tan YK, Lai Hee Kit, Chong Yong Yeow. Use of radiosynovectomy in recurrent warfarin-related haemarthrosis in degenerative arthritis.Sing Med J in press