Dr. Tan York Kiat
Department of Rheumatology and Immunology
MBBS, MMed (Int Med), MRCP (UK)
Dr Tan York Kiat graduated from National University of Singapore and was conferred the degree of Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery in April 2003. His postgraduate qualifications include Membership of the Royal Colleges of Physician (UK) and Master of Medicine (Internal Medicine, Singapore) which were conferred in July and October 2006 respectively. He obtained Specialist Accreditation for Rheumatology in November 2010.
His areas of interest in Rheumatology include musculoskeletal imaging and inflammatory arthritis.
PROFESSIONAL APPOINTMENTS & COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIPS
Dr Tan York Kiat is currently a Consultant Rheumatologist working in the Department of Rheumatology and Immunology, SGH. He is a member of the Singapore Society of Rheumatology. He is also actively involved in clinical research and teaching of medical students/postgraduates. He is presently a Clinical Senior Lecturer with the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore and an Adjunct Assistant Professor with Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School
- National University of Singapore Deans list (MBBS)- years 1999 till 2002
- Service Quality Award - Service with a Heart Award, 2009.
- Excellent Service Award Silver,2009
- SingHealth Publish! Award (Medical Research) (2012)
- Singapore Health Quality Service Award (Silver) 2014
PUBLICATIONS AND RESEARCH/TRIALS
- Survival among Chinese woman with lung cancer in Singapore: A comparison by stage, histology and smoking. Tan YK, Wee TC, Koh WP, Wang YT, Eng P, Tan WC, Seow A. Lung Cancer. 2003; 40(3):237-46.
- Use of radiosynovectomy in recurrent warfarin-related haemarthrosis in degenerative arthritis. Tan YK, Lai HK, Chong YY. Singapore Med J. 2011 Sep; 52(9):e184-6.
- Insights into osteoarthritis from MRI. Tan YK, Conaghan PG. Int J Rheum Dis. 2012; 15(1):1-7.
- Imaging in rheumatoid arthritis. Tan YK, Conaghan PG. Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol.2011; 25(4):569-84.
- Imaging tools in rheumatoid arthritis: Ultrasound versus Magnetic Resonance Imaging. Tan YK, Østergaard M, Conaghan PG. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2012;51 Suppl 7:vii36-vii42.
- Ng X, Low AH, Chew LC, Chong YY, Fong KY, Lui NL, Sim E, Tan YK, Yoong J, Thumboo J.Disease patterns of rheumatology outpatients seen in a tertiary hospital serving a multi-ethnic, urban Asian population in Singapore. Int J Rheum Dis. 2013 Jun; 16(3):273-8.