Assoc Prof. See Siew Ju
Department of Neurology
MBBS, MRCP (UK)
Dr See Siew Ju is presently a Senior Consultant with the Department of Neurology. She sub-specialises in Epilepsy and has a keen interest in medical education.
- MBBS: National University of Singapore (1995)
- MRCP: Royal College of Medicine, UK (1998)
PROFESSIONAL APPOINTMENTS & COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIPS
- Associate professor, DukeNUS Graduate Medical School
- Senior Clinical Lecturer (CFS), National University of Singapore Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
- Member, Residency Advisory Committee (RAC) for Neurology
- 2013: Faculty Appreciation Award- Outstanding Faculty for Learning (Neurology), DukeNUS Graduate Medical School
- 2013: Dean’s Award for Teaching Excellence, National University of Singapore Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, (Academic year 2011/ 2012).
- 2012: Faculty Appreciation Award- Outstanding Faculty for Advocacy (Neurology), DukeNUS Graduate Medical School
- 2011: Pioneer Award, DukeNUS Graduate Medical School
- 2011: Outstanding Educator Award, DukeNUS Graduate Medical School
- 2010: Appreciation Award, DukeNUS Graduate Medical School (Class of 2012)
- 2009: Outstanding Educator Award, DukeNUS Graduate Medical School
- 2009: Outstanding Leadership Award, DukeNUS Graduate Medical School
PUBLICATIONS AND RESEARCH/TRIALS
- Surgical outcomes in patients with extratemporal epilepsy and subtle or normal magnetic resonance imaging findings. See SJ, Jehi LE, Vadera S, Bulacio J, Najm I, Bingaman W. Neurosurgery 2013;73:68-77.
- Combined temozolomide and radiation as an initial treatment for anaplastic glioma. Tham CK, See SJ, Tan SH, Keith Lim KHC, Ng WH, Thomas J, Chong DQ, Chua ET. Asia Pac J Clin Oncol 2010;9:220-5.
- Promising role of [18F] fluorocholine PET/CT vs F fluorodeoxyglucose PET/CT in primary brain tumors – early experience. Lam WW, Ng DC, Wong WY, Ong SC, Yu SW, See SJ. Clin Neurol Neurosurg 2011;113:156-61.
- Vanishing glioblastoma after corticosteroid therapy. Goh JJ, See SJ, Ang E, Ng WH. J Clin Neurosci 2009;16:1226-8. A rare cause of reversible unilateral third nerve palsy. Lui NL, See SJ, J Thamboo. Journal of Neurological Sciences 2008;275:188-90.
- Continuous single motor unit electromyographic activity in adefovir associated myopathy. Lo YL, See SJ, Tan CK. J Clin Neurosci 2008;15:1073-4.
- Application of the McDonald MRI criteria in multiple sclerosis. Chan LL, Sitoh YY, Chong J, See SJ, Umapathi TN, Lim SH, Ong B. Ann Acad Med Singapore 2007;36:647-54.
- Primary central nervous system lymphoma in an Asian population: a 15-year experience. Quek R, Ty A, Lim ST, See SJ, Wong MC, Yap SP, Sng I, Hee SW, Tao M. Onkologie 2006;29:455-9.
- Oligodendroglial tumor chemotherapy using "decreased-dose-intensity" PCV: a Singapore experience. Ty AU, See SJ, Rao JP, Khoo JB, Wong MC. Neurology 2006;66:247-9.
- The prognostic impact of histology and 1p/19q status in anaplastic oligodendroglial tumors. McDonald JM, See SJ, Tremont IW, Colman H, Gilbert MR, Groves M, Burger PC, Louis DN, Giannini C, Fuller G, Passe S, Blair H, Jenkins RB, Yang H, Ledoux A, Aaron J, Tipnis U, Zhang W, Hess K, Aldape K. Cancer 2005;104:1468-77.
- Comparison of magnetic resonance spectroscopy and perfusion-weighted imaging in presurgical grading of oligodendroglial tumors. Xu M, See SJ, Ng WH, Arul E, Back MF, Yeo TT, Lim CC. Neurosurgery 2005;56:919-26.
- Case reports of two biopsy proven patients with Creutzfeld-Jakob disease in Singapore. See SJ, Pan A, Seah A, Teo J, Chan LL, Wong MC. Ann Acad Med Singapore 2004;33:651-5.
- 13-cis-retinoic acid in the treatment of recurrent glioblastoma multiforme. See SJ, Levin VA, Yung AWK, Hess KR, Groves MD. Neuro-Oncology 2004;6:253-8.
- Transient paroxysmal dyskinesia associated with basal ganglia lesions. See SJ, Chan LL, Tan EK. Eur Neurol 2003;50:117-8.
- Severe amphethamine-induced bruxism: treatment with botulinum toxin. See SJ, Tan EK. Acta Neurol Scand 2003;107:161-3.
- Cervical disc prolapse with cord compression presenting with choreoathetosis and dystonia. Tan EK, Lo YL, Chan LL, See SJ, Hong A, Wong MC. Neurology 2002;58:661-2.
- Mixed nerve potential in brachial plexopathy. See SJ, Lo YL. Clin Neurol Neurosurg 2002:104:16-9.
- Restless legs syndrome in an Asian population: a study in Singapore. Tan EK, Seah A, See SJ, Lim E, Wong MC, Kok KK. Mov Disord 2001;16:577-9.
- Racial differences in the prevalence of ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease in Singapore. Lee YM, Kock KM, See SJ, Ng TM, Khor C, Teo EK. J Gastroenterol Hepato 2000;15:622-5.