Lee Seng Teik Fellowship in Plastic & Burns Nursing
Lee Seng Teik Fellowship in Burns and Plastic Nursing has been offering to fellow nurses in the region since 2004, thus allowing for mutual sharing and exchange of knowledge. Professor Lee Seng Teik was the Head of the SGH Plastic Surgery Department and the Burns Centre from 1 Sep 1985 to 31 December 1998. He is a well-respected and world-renowned Plastic Surgeon; with many great achievements, especially in research studies in genetic craniofacial anomalies and long term outcome studies in cleft lip and palate. He also holds many appointments in professional bodies in Singapore and international societies. He was also the Founding Director of the Postgraduate Medical Institute (PGMI) of SGH from 1994 - 2001.
He has been actively volunteering his services as a Distinguished Singapore Volunteer Overseas (DSVO). He leads many Cleft medical Aid Missions to Indonesia, Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia, working closely with the Singapore International Foundation and Philanthropic bodies. He has also worked with the "Smile Train" Teaching Faculty in China. He was the Founder Chairman of the SGH Volunteer Medical Corps and served till 2003. Currently he is the Senior Consultant in the Department of Plastic Surgery and appointed Chairman of the Singhealth Standing Committee on Education and Training (E&T) of the Singhealth cluster.
He first mooted the idea of the fellowship, as he felt strongly that there is much to be done in improving the standard of care in the underdeveloped countries in caring for patients undergoing plastic surgeries and burns management.
The fellowship is open for application to nurses preferably from the ASEAN countries. It is tenable for a period of 1 month in either Burns or Plastic Nursing. The composition of the fellowship, requirements of the fellow, and the terms and conditions are stated below. The Alice Lee IAN reserves the right to make the final decision on the selection of candidates.
We invite interested nurses who meet the qualifying criteria from your hospital to apply using the attached application form. Please also provide us with some information of your hospital by completing the attached form. The deadline for submission of applications is annually on 31 October.
- Per diem allowance of S$600 per month;
- Return air ticket (economy) from country of residence to Singapore and vice versa; and
- Accommodation at suitable hostel (single and subject to availability).
- Registered nurse (RN) with 3 years’ post-registration experience including one year in the field applied for; and
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
Terms and conditions
- Temporary registration with the Singapore Nursing Board for the duration of the training requiring ‘hands-on’;
- Sign a letter of indemnity for the fellowship;
- Apply for a training pass/permit;
- Apply for a visa where necessary;
- Make a presentation on a subject or topic which the fellow is familiar with or is actively involved in;
- Maintain a log book of all training activities;
- Submit a training report within the last month of the Fellowship Programme & return to the Director, Alice Lee IAN with evaluation of the Programme;
- Fellow is to abide by the SGH guidelines on Intellectual Property;
- All leave of absence to be approved from Director, Alice Lee IAN; and
- All changes of placement or leave from the Programme must be approved by the SGH Senior Nurse Educator or Nursing Officer in charge of the clinical area and the Director, Alice Lee IAN.
Print the Application Form (Microsoft Word format
/ Adobe pdf format
) and Hospital Particulars Form (Microsoft Word format
/ Adobe pdf
) and mail it to:
SingHealth Alice Lee Institute of Advanced Nursing
Bowyers Blk B Level 2
Third Hospital Ave
||(65) 6326 6237
||(65) 6326 6240